All parents/guardians are issued with a copy of the Parent Information Booklet when their child is enrolled in Holy Family SNS. The purpose of the booklet is to familiarise parents/guardians with school routines and procedures and to present the school’s Code of Discipline and Anti-Bullying code.
Many parents have had children in Holy Family J.N.S. who transferred to the S.N.S. at the start of 3rd Class and will notice that both the schools are similarly organised. This, we hope, provides continuity and security for the pupils and parents alike.
The contents of the Parent Information Booklet have been formulated taking the following into account:
- Guidelines issued by Department of Education and Science
- Professional expertise of Principal and school staff
- Input by the school’s Board of Management, of which two members are elected by the parents of pupils attending the school
- The various opinions expressed by parents since the school opened in 1985
The Aims of the School are briefly stated, as follows:
- To enable the child to live a full life as a child
- To equip him/her to avail himself/herself of further education so that he/she may go on to live a full and useful life as an adult in society
Parents should take time to read the school rules with their child and help him/her to realise that the rules make sense and exist for reasons of safety and good order in our school. These rules are necessary so that an excellent learning environment can be maintained.
We endeavour to cater for the full and harmonious development of each child. Catholic Religious Instruction is an integral part of the school course.
The importance of co-operation between you as parents and ourselves as teachers cannot be stressed often enough. We have the same aim – to enable your child to develop his/her natural powers at his/her own rate, and to his/her fullest capacity.
Please click on the link below to access the parent information booklet.